Wednesday, February 6, 2013

No offense Pyrex...

...but your new stuff kind of sucks.

Would you want this?


Or THIS?


My husband doesn't know how lucky he is - I'm cheap.  I scavenge thrift stores for cool stuff (mostly Pyrex and vintage toys).  This is my hobby.  Not spas, designer clothes, or other costly adventures.  I love me some Pyrex.

And the nice part is - it's relatively easy to come by.  I don't think I've ever been to a thrift store that didn't have a piece of Pyrex.  But I only buy what I like.  That is super important.  It's waaay to easy to get sucked into buying everything.


Don't bother wasting your money on eBay or at antique stores.  They rip you off.  (Confession: I did buy the yellow Mod Kitchen one on eBay.  It was very reasonably priced and located in Ontario.  I'll never do it again....promise!)

And shout-outs to people who have contributed to my collection:  The lovely Grandma Coco and my wonderful sister.  Anybody else that wants to give me vintage Pyrex, I accept.


Do other people collect Pyrex?  Yes.  Do people have cooler collections than I do?  Abso-freaking-lutely.  I challenge you to Google image search "Pyrex" - there are no words really.  Breathtaking doesn't really do it justice.

AND: I'm not encouraging people in my area to begin this collection.  I'm not looking for a fight in the aisles of Value Village.  I'll just be the creeper following you around the store.  I've done it before and I'LL DO IT AGAIN.


Toddler Entertainment tip:  Read books often enough that you can recite them from memory while typing a post.  I apologize for any coherency issues.  Multi-tasking is haaaard.

1 comment: